University Union

Jenny Slate to headline University Union’s Spring Comedy Show in February

Courtesy of University Union

Jenny Slate will headline University Union's Spring Comedy Show on Feb. 9.

Comedian, writer and actress Jenny Slate will headline University Union’s Spring Comedy Show on Feb. 9, the organization announced Sunday.

Slate’s achievements include a Critics Choice Awards for “Obvious Child” and one for “Gifted,” as well as appearances in “Big Mouth,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Parks and Recreation,” “Bob’s Burgers” and “Girls.” TimeOut New York awarded her stand-up show, “Big Terrific,” Best Variety Show. She has written her own children’s book and film, “Marcel the Shell.” This year, Slate starred in the movies “Landline” and “Despicable Me 3,” and is currently working on another film, per the release.

Comedian, writer and actress Aparna Nancherla will open for Slate. Nancherla, a Washington, D.C. native, regularly appears on Comedy Central’s “Corporate” and will appear on season two of HBO’s “Crashing,” as well as “The Standups” on Netflix. Later this year, Nancherla will make her movie debut in “A Simple Favor.” She has written for “Late Night with Seth Meyers” and “Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell,” according to the release.

Tickets will go on sale Jan. 22 at 9 a.m. at the Schine Box Office and will cost $5 for Syracuse University and SUNY-ESF students, $10 for faculty and staff and $15 for the general public. There is a limit of two tickets per person. Doors open at 7:15 p.m. and the show starts at 8 p.m.