Valentine's Day Guide 2018

First Year Players to celebrate Valentine’s Day with on-campus singing grams

Ali Harford | Presentation Director

Members of First Year Players are forgetting the classic chocolate and flowers this year. To FYP, nothing says “I love you” like sending that special someone a personal live performance.

FYP will continue its tradition of spreading song throughout the Syracuse University campus by selling Valentine’s Day Singing Grams on Wednesday. The organization has sold the holiday grams for more than five years, allowing people to send serenading students to their friends, significant others or anyone else they want.

“We got the idea from being a performance org and striving to spread the love we have for performance on this holiday,” said Cella Desharnais, a sound designer for FYP, in an email.

FYP, a student-run group for non-drama majors that allows first-year and transfer students to perform in a musical produced by upperclassmen, will sell the grams for $5. The songs available are “L.O.V.E.” by Frank Sinatra, “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” by Elton John and “Candy Shop” by 50 Cent, but other song requests may be possible, according to FYP’s Facebook event page.

Sign-ups are in Food.com in Newhouse from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday. Grams will be delivered between 5-7:30 p.m. anywhere on or within a block of campus, per the event page.

The group usually sells about 50 Valentine’s Day Grams. All funds go toward FYP’s spring show, which will be “Young Frankenstein” this year.