University Union

UU to host advanced screening of horror film ‘Truth or Dare’

Courtesy of Universal Pictures

Blumhouse Productions, which produced “Truth or Dare,” also produced “Paranormal Activity,” “The Purge” and “Get Out.”

An advanced screening of the horror film “Truth or Dare” will be held at Syracuse University on Tuesday night, University Union has announced.

Starring Lucy Hale and Tyler Posey, “Truth or Dare” follows a group of friends vacationing in Mexico who are tricked into a game of truth or dare that turns out to be more than a game. Players who don’t tell the truth or don’t follow through on a dare are killed.

The screening will be held in HBC Gifford Auditorium. Entrance is free for students, faculty, staff and the general public. Doors open at 7 p.m., and the screening starts at 8 p.m.

Blumhouse Productions created the film, which will be released in theaters April 13. The company is known for producing low-budget but successful horror movies including “Paranormal Activity,” “Insidious,” “The Purge” and “Get Out,” according to boxofficemojo.com. Blumhouse TV, which started in 2012, has produced HBO’s “The Jinx,” A&E’s “Cold Case Files” and HBO’s Emmy Award-winning “The Normal Heart.”

The movie was directed by Jeff Wadlow, also known for “Kick-Ass 2” and “True Memoirs of an International Assassin.”

Hale is known for her roles in Freeform’s “Pretty Little Liars and “A Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song.” She is now in the show “Life Sentence,” also on Freeform. Posey is known for his roles in “Teen Wolf,” “Scream” and “Jane the Virgin.”