Track & Field

Richard Floyd, Aidan Tooker crack top-5 in Miami Hurricane Alumni Invitational and Bucknell Bison Outdoor Classic

Courtesy of SU Athletics

Paige Stoner is in her final year of eligibility for SU.

After a week of rest, the Syracuse track and field team competed in the Miami Hurricane Alumni Invitational and Bucknell Bison Outdoor Classic over the weekend.

In Miami, senior Richard Floyd took third place in the men’s 110-meter gurdles. Floyd clocked in at 13.98 seconds in the second heat. Sophomore Andrew Aguilera finished in the top-20, running a 15.22. Senior Chevis Armstead posted a DNF in the 110 Hurdles. Junior Avian Goode placed sixth in the women’s 100M Hurdles, as she dashed to a time of 13.97 seconds.

Sophomore Chris Tucker finished in 39th place in a competitive field for the men’s 100m dash. Sophomore Eunice Boateng ran a 11.79 second in the women’s 100m race, which was good enough to get her 25th place. Alexis Crosby was also a standout in the women’s 400m dash, posting a 7th place finish and a time of 55.03 seconds. Junior Cheyenne Trigg finished 28th place with a time of 59.38 seconds.

Syracuse fielded two relay teams in Miami as well. The men finished in 9th place in the 4x100m relay with a time of 41.35 seconds. The women competed in the 4x400m relay, finishing in 8th place of section one.

In Bucknell, a slew of distance runners competed in seeded and unseeded events. Sophomore Stephen Schulz competed in the men’s unseeded 5000m dash. Schulz finished in 4th, and ran a time of 14:56.09. Simon Smith competed in the first steeplechase for the Orange in the 2019 season and finished 8th place with a time of 9:10.02.

In the seeded 1500m run, freshmen Abigail Spears finished in 17th with a time of 4:28.91. Senior Melissa Lodge posted a 4:32.97 and a 28th place finish, and junior Madeleine Davison finished at 4:42.41.

For the men’s seeded 1500m, junior Aidan Tooker ran to a 4th place finish. The freshmen duo of Michael Phillips and Noah Beveridge finished in 12th and 16th place, respectively. Sophomore Nathan Henderson also finished in 15th place. Redshirt junior Kevin James also placed in the top-10, posting a time of 14:19.42 in the men’s 5000m.   

Syracuse will next compete in the Virginia Challenge starting on April 19.