Track and Field

SU runners set personal bests at ACC Indoor Championships, but team scores lag behind

The Orange finished with the 14th and 15th ranked team scores on the women's and men's side, respectively.

Syracuse track and field competed at the ACC Indoor Championships this weekend in South Bend, Indiana. The Orange finished with the 14th- and 15th-ranked team scores on the women’s and men’s side, respectively, but multiple runners personal bests.

On Friday, Tyler Garland recorded a personal best in 60-meter hurdles with a time of 7.96 seconds. Garland shaved 10 hundredths of a second (7.86) off his time in the finals to up his record and secure a sixth-place finish in the event.

Joe Dragon took home two top-ten finishes with a fourth-place finish in the 5000-meter final (14:02.03) and an eighth-place finish in the 3000-meter final (8:10.36).

On the women’s team, Dennisha Page set a personal record in the 200-meter, crossing the line at 24.31 seconds in the prelims. Page’s teammates Dasia Pressley and Aja Davis also competed in the 200-meter event and followed Page at 24.37 and 25.61, respectively.

Kate Kremnitz set a new personal best in the women’s mile with a time of 4:57.03. Kremnitz’s time earned her the top time among freshman in the event along with a 20th place finish.

Graduate student Annie Heffron rounded out the weekend with a personal best of her own in the 3000-meter run. Heffron finished the race in 12th place with a time of 9:29.92.

While the men’s and women’s teams finished near the bottom of the ACC pack, the squads will return to action next month for their outdoor season. The Orange will travel to Raleigh, North Carolina to commence the season at the Raleigh Relays.